Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weak Willed, but Itching to Paint Something.....

I don't think I'm going to get back into Warmachine and Hordes, but one never knows.  And with the excitement about Warhammer: Age of Sigmar (which, admittedly, is starting to look good--but we'll see if it delivers), I've had a bit of an itch to paint up some bigger models.  So here's the first of Butcher's new battlegroup, Bruticus:






Army Painter spray primers are a gift from the gods!  Worth every penny.  Also broke out some of my old P3 paints to supplement my excellent line of Reaper Pro series.  Or is it Master's series?  Which ever one they don't make anymore... I also am going to print up some Khador specific decals and apply them at a later date.  So while this is finished, it actually isn't.  Huh?

Anyway, this is a good model.  The plastic/resin isn't the best on the market, and doesn't clean up very well (mold lines and miscasts and such) but it painted just fine.  Took me a while, no surprise there, but the end result is very satisfying.  I have another Juggernaut to paint up, and then a Marauder.  After that, I'll probably strip and repaint Butcher.  All in time for Gencon--that's the plan at least.  And that will be all for Khador, as if I start playing again, I will only play small battles (preferably Tooth and Claw and Mangled Metal only).

I am also looking into doing a battlegroup for Scavernous (a Cryx warcaster).  That'll probably take shape after Gencon, if it does at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment