Thursday, February 23, 2012

Return of the Trollbloods

I have owned Trollbloods for many years now, but never really got around to painting them.  I despise the blue skin color that PP mistaken thought was a good idea, and I have had a terrible time coming up with a color scheme that was easy and quick to paint (I hate painting).

Finally, I've settled on this.  The green constrasts against the armor and cloth, which is to my liking.  I don't paint plaid, so the red is going to be the best they get.


It was vastly easier to paint than some of my other attempts (original bluish, bad idea gray, nice-looking tan but hard to paint, and thought about red skin).  I simply applied the green to the skin then washed it with a black wash, then reapplied green to the raised areas.

My only problem is trying to replicate this on the rest of my trollbloods.  I'm not sure this shocking green would look good on a large model such as a dire troll; and, as I may have mentioned in the past, I hate painting, especially PP minis (its not fun, its work now) and I might just get bored/frustrated and move on to something else.

Anyway, this looks good to me.  An army would look very striking on the tabletop.  I'll try to paint these as I paint 15mm miniatures too.

No comments:

Post a Comment