Friday, January 1, 2016

The Death of All Quiet, my retirment from full-scale painting, and the new year...

All Quiet on the Martin Front is dead.  Their site vanished in a puff of logic, and no one from their team has spoken a word of what happened to anyone else.  Probably for the best, but they seemed to be a good bunch of people that were honestly interested in what they did.  Their products were hit and miss, ranging from excellent to disastrously poor, but the same could be said for other, larger and more successful companies like GW and PP.  Well, I wish them the best in their future endeavors.

And now on to me.  I'm done.  I can't paint at the quality I used to and I can't concentrate enough to stay with a large product.  I blame it almost entirely on my Meniere's Disease.  Others may disagree, and that's their option to do so, but regardless, no more mass painting of armies of miniature for me.  It's over.  I will continue to do small projects, and perhaps eke out small armies of the miniatures I do have, but no new armies of miniatures.  Stuff is going to get sold (Warmachine, Age of Sigmar).  I am going to look into hiring someone to paint for me on a couple of projects (like my Varangur army for Kings of War), but from now on, I'll stick to single miniatures and model kits.  So now I have to teach myself how to use an airbrush effectively, and practically begin all over again.

A New Year.  I'm not sure what's going to happen, but some things seem certain.  The liberal war on freedom and honesty and moral values will continue.  I'm going to get older.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start my new projects and see them to completion (for once).  I will always be working on my DnD rules.  I really want to start on my novel.  There's a F4U Corsair kit that I want to work on, I still have my USS Arizona, a Stuka, my '71 Mustang Mach 1...some Epic: Armageddon stuff, my gaming board.  Well, I'm giving myself a year to see some progress, let's hope it'll work out.  I still have my slowly-growing gun collection as well.  We need a new truck for the family.  Looks like another busy year.

I hope everyone will have a great new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment